Hello Canada News – Agencies – Medical reports indicate that 17 people have been killed as a result of Israeli bombing of Gaza since dawn on Tuesday, at a time when the food crisis has worsened and the Strip has already entered a state of famine
According to medical sources in Gaza, 17 people were killed and several others injured in Israeli shelling that targeted several areas in the Strip since the morning hours. Circulating images also showed the moment the town of Bani Suhaila, east of Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip, was targeted
For its part, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights said it had documented the deaths of at least 100 Palestinians in Gaza since the beginning of Eid al-Fitr, including at least 32 children
According to the Ministry of Health in Gaza, hospitals in the Strip received 42 dead people during the second day of Eid, including one person who was pulled from the rubble, in addition to 183 injured people in the past 24 hours
The ministry also announced that the death toll from Israeli military operations since October 7, 2023, has risen to 50,399 dead and 114,583 injured. The death toll since the resumption of operations on March 18 has reached 1,042 dead and 2,542 injured. The ministry confirmed that a number of victims remain under the rubble and on the streets, unable to be reached by ambulances and civil defense teams
food and fuel crisis
On the livelihood front, all bakeries in southern Gaza have closed due to a shortage of fuel and essential supplies. The Bakery Owners Association explained that the World Food Programme has stopped supplying bakeries with flour due to its depletion in warehouses, threatening to exacerbate famine in the Strip
The head of the NGO Network in Gaza also warned that the Strip is witnessing an unprecedented humanitarian disaster, with the capacity for humanitarian response significantly diminished as needs rise
In the same context, a Civil Defense spokesman in Gaza said that the Strip is suffering from a severe shortage of all types of food, warning that the situation could lead to a famine similar to the one that the Strip experienced in March of last year
For its part, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights confirmed that food and basic goods are running out in Gaza, emphasizing the need for Israel, as the occupying power, to commit to protecting civilians and ensuring their rights