Skip to content
  • 877 Walker RD Windsor ON N8Y 2N5
  • [email protected]
  • 24°C Thursday, August 13, 2026
Facebook Instagram
  • EN
  • AR

Stay Informed, every day

Subscribe to our newsletter

  • Home
  • Windsor-Essex
  • Iraqi Community
  • Ontario
  • Canada
  • World
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Culture & Life
  • Opinion
Breaking News
Fabian Ruiz speaks out on Ballon d’Or chances after PSG’s Luis Enrique and Vitinha endorsements Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney reportedly lead Wrexham to record signing of Premier League goalkeeper Anthony Patterson Diego Forlan leaves door open for Luis Suarez’s Uruguay return after taking over as interim coach: ‘Why not?’ Julian Alvarez and Diego Simeone reportedly set for face-to-face meeting to define his future amid Barcelona’s final offer Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr comeback date takes fresh twist after Ange Postecoglou’s decision Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr finally clears major $280 million hurdle as Samu Costa move edges closer
  • Windsor, Ontario
Facebook Instagram
  • EN
  • AR
  • Home
  • Windsor-Essex
  • Iraqi Community
  • Ontario
  • Canada
  • World
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Culture & Life
  • Opinion
Breaking News
Fabian Ruiz speaks out on Ballon d’Or chances after PSG’s Luis Enrique and Vitinha endorsements Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney reportedly lead Wrexham to record signing of Premier League goalkeeper Anthony Patterson Diego Forlan leaves door open for Luis Suarez’s Uruguay return after taking over as interim coach: ‘Why not?’ Julian Alvarez and Diego Simeone reportedly set for face-to-face meeting to define his future amid Barcelona’s final offer Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr comeback date takes fresh twist after Ange Postecoglou’s decision Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr finally clears major $280 million hurdle as Samu Costa move edges closer
Home English

‘Bombshell’: D.C. national security attorney says U.S. DOJ filings on Mar-a-Lago raid expose Trump

Duha Faris Al-Serdar بواسطة Duha Faris Al-Serdar
September 1, 2022
في English
0
‘Bombshell’: D.C. national security attorney says U.S. DOJ filings on Mar-a-Lago raid expose Trump
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A late-night filing of legal briefs outlining previously unknown allegations about the FBI raid on former U.S. president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort exposed gaping holes in his version of events, according to an expert.

The U.S. Department of Justice is accusing Trump of obstructing its investigation to retrieve sensitive documents, taking the extraordinary step of releasing a photo of files marked “highly classified” and “top secret” that it says were seized from his Florida home.

The DOJ says it has evidence that “government records were likely concealed and removed,” and that “efforts were taken to obstruct the government’s investigation.”

The filings suggest criminality, but don’t prove it. No legal actions have been announced.

“The former president and several of his lawyers … have a lot of criminal exposure here,” Bradley Moss, a national security attorney in the Washington, D.C. , area, told CTV National News Washington Correspondent Richard Madan on Wednesday.

“Mostly for false representations to the FBI and to NARA (U.S. National Archives and Records Administration), as well as the efforts to keep these documents located at Mar-a-Lago and to conceal them from the government.”

Earlier this month, the FBI exercised a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago, seizing numerous classified documents. Trump and his lawyers claim the documents discovered at the resort in Palm Beach, Fla., had been previously declassified when he was in office.

However, legal briefs filed by the U.S. Department of Justice filings say that this argument was never made in the months that NARA was attempting to get the former president to return the documents, with the details pointing to a new potential charge: obstruction of justice.

Moss, who primarily deals with employees within the government, military or intelligence community and has experience going through security clearance disciplinary actions, said he was blown away when he read the filings late last night.

“Boom! That’s what went through my mind,” he said. “Bombshell. This was a complete evisceration of the Trump team’s legal arguments.”

He said that because the government was able to file documents about the raid itself, it was able to be more transparent with details that the public likely wouldn’t have seen for months.

“The government was allowed to outline a lot of facts that otherwise would not have come out in this pre-indictment phase during a criminal investigation,” he said of what is alleged in the documents. “They were allowed to walk you through a lot more details on how this investigation unfolded, what the problems were with the Trump team’s responses as they were trying to work through the problem with the records, and how the obstruction angle came into play.”

The filings laid out how the government said it learned that records were being moved, and attempted numerous times to have those records returned, only to receive just some of the missing documents each time.

“After they went in June with the subpoena and they got the sworn affidavit from Trump lawyers saying that’s it, there’s nothing more, the government found evidence that there were in fact documents still on the property, located in areas other than the storage room,” Moss said the filings suggest. “And sure enough, that’s what the search warrant found.”

He said that Trump essentially “puts himself in these situations.

“It could’ve been written off as a small mistake if, after being told that these records were still at Mar-a-Lago, he had turned everything back over to the archives in 2021. It would’ve been ‘no harm, no foul.’ But Donald Trump doesn’t work like that.”

The filings claim that Trump’s lawyers fought to delay the return of documents, battling with NARA and the FBI for months, only to still provide just some of the documents when presented with a subpoena. According to the filing, a Trump lawyer stated at the time that all of the documents had been stored in one storage room, and that there were none in any private space.

“Finally, it took a search warrant to recover the remaining 100 classified records sitting in places like Donald Trump’s desk in his personal office,” Moss said.

“It’s significant criminal exposure. There are people who have gone to jail for less under the espionage act. And in respect to obstruction — to what extent did Donald Trump lie to his lawyers? To what extent did the lawyers act irresponsibly or possibly lie to the FBI? That’s the kind of information we still don’t know for sure.”

While the criminal element is suggested, it’s not proven in the filings, and hasn’t been tested in court.

Trump’s lawyers “absolutely” need their own lawyers now, he said.

“And as I’ve said for many years and others coined it before me, ‘MAGA’ in my view stands for ‘Make Attorneys Get Attorneys.’ This is not the first Trump lawyer to get in trouble and it probably won’t be the last, but yes, if I was Christina Bobb, if I was Alina Habba, if I was Evan Corcoran, I’d be hiring a lawyer right now to protect myself from potential criminal exposure, because they all became material fact witnesses in this ongoing criminal probe.”

Whether Trump will be indicted on obstruction charges — after having avoided charges in an obstruction investigation related to an investigation into whether his 2016 presidential campaign had colluded with Russia — remains to be seen.

“It is my view, based off the information we already have, that Donald Trump could be, and in my professional opinion, should be indicted,” Moss said. “Though I do not believe it will happen before the mid-term elections in November.”

شارك هذا الموضوع:

  • فيس بوك
  • X

معجب بهذه:

إعجاب تحميل...

Related

ShareTweetSend
Previous Post

كندا: نموّ اقتصادي دون توقعات الخبراء في الربع الثاني من 2022

Next Post

العراق.. مقتل 4 في البصرة بينهم اثنين من ميليشيا “تابعة للصدر”

Duha Faris Al-Serdar

Duha Faris Al-Serdar

Next Post
العراق.. مقتل 4 في البصرة بينهم اثنين من ميليشيا “تابعة للصدر”

العراق.. مقتل 4 في البصرة بينهم اثنين من ميليشيا "تابعة للصدر"

اترك تعليقاً إلغاء الرد

Your email address will not be published. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

No Result
View All Result

أحدث المقالات

  • Fabian Ruiz speaks out on Ballon d’Or chances after PSG’s Luis Enrique and Vitinha endorsements
  • Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney reportedly lead Wrexham to record signing of Premier League goalkeeper Anthony Patterson
  • Diego Forlan leaves door open for Luis Suarez’s Uruguay return after taking over as interim coach: ‘Why not?’
  • Julian Alvarez and Diego Simeone reportedly set for face-to-face meeting to define his future amid Barcelona’s final offer
  • Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr comeback date takes fresh twist after Ange Postecoglou’s decision

أحدث التعليقات

  • Ernest Tigg على 12,000 Gather for Chaldean Windsor Festival: The Celebration of Heritage  
  • zoritoler imol على زيارة وزيرة الهجرة و المهجرين السيدة إيفان فائق جابرو و بحضور قائمقام تلكيف الاستاذ رعد ناصر شعيا مقر دائرة الهجرة ومديرية التربية في الحمدانية
  • zoritoler imol على Trudeau announces more Russian sanctions, supports for Ukraine at Winnipeg congress
  • zoritoler imol على الترحيب بأربعة قادة شباب في شرطة وندسور من خلال برنامج التدريب الصيفي لمبادرة الشباب في العمل الشرطي
  • KHASSAN F SAKA على 12,000 Gather for Chaldean Windsor Festival: The Celebration of Heritage  

الأرشيف

  • August 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • June 2023
  • May 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • December 2022
  • November 2022
  • October 2022
  • September 2022
  • August 2022
  • July 2022
  • June 2022
  • May 2022
  • April 2022
  • March 2022
  • February 2022
  • January 2022
  • November 2021
  • October 2021
  • August 2021
  • July 2021
  • May 2021
  • April 2021
  • March 2021
  • February 2021
  • January 2021

Categories

  • Arts & Culture
  • Canadian News
  • Columns
  • Community News
  • Culture & Life
  • Economy
  • Editorials
  • English
  • Health
  • Iraq
  • Iraqi Community
  • Iraqi News
  • Legacy Archive
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Soccer
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • World

منوعات

  • Log in
  • خلاصات Feed الإدخالات
  • خلاصة التعليقات
  • WordPress.org

As-Safir Newspaper — delivering trusted local news and stories that matter to Windsor and the surrounding community.

Facebook Instagram

NEWS

  • World
  • Canada
  • Windsor-Essex
  • Ontario
  • Iraqi Community

CATEGORIES

  • Politics
  • Business
  • Culture & Life
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Legacy Archive

ABOUT

  • About Us
  • Our Team
  • Careers
  • Advertise
  • Contact

CONTACT

  • 877 Walker RD Windsor ON N8Y 2N5
  • 519-254-54-2000
  • [email protected]

© 2026 As-Safir Newspaper. All rights reserved.

  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy
  • Terms
  • EN
  • AR
No Result
View All Result
  • الرئيسية
  • جريدة السفير
  • من نحن
  • الأتصال بنا
  • لايف ستايل
    • عراقيات
    • Technology
    • مقالات
    • عالم الصحة
    • حول العالم
    • Politics
    • كلمة العدد
    • ثقافة و فن
    • أخبار العالم
    • منوعة
  • Lifestyle
    • Culture and Art
    • WORLD NEWS
    • Health
    • Iraqi News
    • Organization News
    • Canadian News
  • EN
  • AR

©الحقوق المحفوظة لـ جريدة السفير 2021

The Ambassador Newspaper uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
%d